Eyelit’s conference receives excellent reviews and a record 50% increase in attendance
October 3, 2016 5:02 PM Eastern Standard Time
TORONTO—(BUSINESS WIRE)—Eyelit Inc., a manufacturing software provider for visibility, control, and coordination of manufacturing operations for the aerospace & defense, discrete electronics, life sciences, medical device, semiconductor, and photovoltaic (solar) industries, is pleased to announce the success of its 2016 user conference, which was held June 7–9, 2016 at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe, California.
The collaborative event provided Eyelit's customers and business partners with an opportunity to connect in person, present their unique experiences in using Eyelit’s software suite, and learn from a growing, international group of industry peers. It was Eyelit’s largest and most prominent conference to date, with a record number of delegates from Fortune 500 companies and other industry-leading manufacturers. Participants attended technical demonstrations on new products, such as the new Eyelit Analytics™ solution for harnessing big data, and received hands-on training in lab sessions with Eyelit’s subject-matter experts.
The conference sessions showcased the extensive array of features in Eyelit’s software suite across a broad spectrum of high-tech manufacturing industries. Several customers shared notable success stories of their selective uses of Eyelit’s software products:
- MiQro Innovation Collaborative Centre (C2MI) presented its deployment of Eyelit’s new EquipmentConnect™ module, a leading-edge solution for shop-floor integration and connectivity with the Internet of Things (IoT). Eyelit developed the module jointly with C2MI to enable direct communication between Eyelit software and C2MI’s SECS/GEM-based equipment without the use of third-party automation software. EquipmentConnect™ is also already deployed successfully using Open Platform Communications (OPC) at one of Eyelit’s other customer sites.
- CEA-Leti, a research and development consortium with a staff of 1,800 employees and a vast array of technologies, discussed how it uses Eyelit's advanced software to manage the complex, experimental environment in its wafer fabrication facility. Nearly every lot of material produced is unique and the intellectual property of each member company’s processes and products is protected on the shared system.
- PerkinElmer’s presentation described the challenges of its complex workflows for hybrid manufacturing in the Life Sciences industry and the replacement of its Camstar MES. PerkinElmer highlighted how applying Eyelit’s MES software at its facility has improved tracking and traceability in the fabrication and assembly of its microfluidic LapChip® consumables. The company realized performance gains as much as ten times higher in comparison with the performance of its legacy system. Their implementation of Eyelit MES is being validated for compliance with ISO 13485 for the medical devices industry.
- Rolls-Royce HTC described the advantages of using non-sequential processing steps within the Eyelit MES to support a dynamic development process to produce composite materials for the aerospace industry.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation related its continued success and benefits in its microelectronics facility since migrating to Eyelit from a legacy MES in 2013 and reported on its latest advancements. The company’s presentation offered best practices on how to apply the effective use of attributes and variables in Eyelit MES for the management and protection of process flows, as well as tips for implementing new features.
"I was able to network with some amazing people and hear all the success stories that other Eyelit customers have had with the application," stated Rob Naugler, Manufacturing Manager at PerkinElmer. "The conference also afforded me the unique opportunity to work closely with Eyelit's team of experts, and discuss current and up-and-coming features that will further enhance our Eyelit MES."
About Eyelit Inc. (www.eyelit.com)
Eyelit Inc. is the leader in Manufacturing Execution and Quality Management (MES and QMS) solutions for visibility, control, and coordination of manufacturing operations for the aerospace & defense, electronics, life sciences, medical device, semiconductor, and solar industries. Eyelit uniquely delivers a broad set of manufacturing solutions, including Asset Management (Semi E10, SEMI PV2-0709), Dispatching, Factory Integration (Automation), Manufacturing Execution (MES/MOM), Recipe Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management (CAPA/OCAP/SPC/APC/RMA), and Business Process Management, that enable its customers to rapidly and cost-effectively optimize production and company processes.
With exceptional customer service, Eyelit has time and again proven that superior, innovative technology can maximize efficiency and value. More than 50 leading companies, including Ascent Solar, austriamicrosystems, CEA-Leti, CEITEC, eMagin, FLIR Systems, Innovative Micro Technology (IMT), Kionix, Mellanox Technologies, Mentor Graphics, Murata Electronics Oy, Northrop Grumman Corporation, NXP Semiconductors, PerkinElmer, Raytheon Company, SEMATECH, TowerJazz, Umicore, and X-FAB Silicon Foundries rely on Eyelit as a trusted software partner. Follow Eyelit on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Tel: +1 905 502 6184